Main Street, an ultra-short-run commercial printer and mailing operation, is seeking a Vice President of Print and Mail. The role is located in Birmingham, AL and would have responsibility for manufacturing operations at two local facilities. The Vice President of Print and Mail will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for conventional offset print, digital print (both inkjet and toner-based), bindery, mailing, and shipping operations. The company must maintain timely production of its core products and continuously improve quality while simultaneously facilitating the growth of new business.
Leads a team of operations and plant leaders to consistently deliver forecasted production output based on client commitments. Models and drives accountability at every level, pushing self and others to reach milestones. Works closely with the COO and President to develop and implement operational strategy, maintains an environment and philosophy of continuous improvement, develops leadership in others so that the organization can continue to meet future challenges.
- Responsible for daily production, inventory management, cost containment, budgeting and development of manufacturing and distribution.
- Champions continuous process improvements across all aspects of operations: print, finishing, bindery, packaging, mailing and shipping.
- Maintains a safe work environment that meets OSHA and environmental requirements and an employee-friendly environment that reflects the company values.
- In conjunction with business unit leaders, develops the annual plan and forecasts, broken down into specific objectives and measures in alignment with overall business objectives.
- Stays well-connected to industry trends and technology in order to help navigate future directions and investments for the company.
- Works closely with Customer Service and Marketing groups to ensure that client needs are being met and that problems are solved and minimized; works closely with Information Technology group to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of Main Street’s highly-automated workflows.
The successful candidate’s qualifications will include:
- A Bachelor’s degree plus at least five years of experience in manufacturing leadership and management.
- While specific certifications in Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing are not required, the candidate should have demonstrable experience in the development, implementation, and measurement of process improvements.
- Conventional print shop, digital print, and mailing experience.
- Strategic acumen with ability to consider the broader business challenges and align teams to them.
- A strong metrics orientation so that internal “scoreboards” can be maintained and evolved as the business evolves.
- Hands-on, involved style to with demonstrated ability to get things done.
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management and people skills.
- A participative management style that advocates team and seeks to give away both leadership and credit.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal.
The Inside Account Manager (IAM) is an integral member of our 3-Tier Customer Service System (Sales, Account Management and Client Services) and serves as the business contact for the client post sales. The IAM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as, represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the IAM will proactively grow relationships with clients to encourage contractual agreements and the renewal of contracts to ensure development of all sales prospecting. The IAM builds and utilizes knowledge of current and future industry practices and trends to position the organization as a trusted advisor and critical business partner. Our culture encourages employees who are able to create, think and challenge each other in a transactional environment. This position is based internally in the Birmingham, AL Corporate Office, however travel may be possible but not routine to fulfill territory and client requirements.
- As a vital link between Marketing and Sales, demonstrate an ability to create and maintain relationships with all assigned clients. Proactively position the organization against competitive forces to ensure all clients remain in a contractual agreement.
- Identify and capitalize on additional sales opportunities for focus initiatives and referrals. Work with Client Services for prompt issue resolution and attention.
- IAM must be able to plan and execute daily and weekly required activities to generate sales opportunities. Consistently fill calendar with active appointment setting & booking appointments is key for daily and quarterly required activity.
- Onboarding & Partnership Reviews with all clients within the territory and documenting in CRM. Valued resource for recommendations for program success while ensuring timely follow up and relationships.
The successful candidate’s qualifications will include:
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships with call activity for appointment setting requirements
- Account Management and Sales experience with measurable quotas
- Industry Knowledge Preferred
- Extremely detail oriented with strong time management and follow-through skills
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a strong negotiator
- High level of initiative and works well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Must work well independently with minimal supervision
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent Industry Experience